Chocolate Banana Souffles
These are little bowls of heaven, so creamy and rich.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (205° C). Coat 4, 6 oz ramekins with butter flavored cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas and vanilla together.
- Sift cornstarch and cocoa powder over bananas and stir well.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg whites with sugar until they form soft peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of egg whites into banana mixture. When incorporated, fold in the rest of the egg whites.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins. Wipe the top 1/4 inch “collar” of the ramekin to remove any excess batter so that the souffle will rise straight. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
270 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.