Jalapeño Shrimp Cakes
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 shrimp cake w/ avocado • Old Points: 3 • Weight Watcher Points+: 4 pt
Calories: 173 • Fat: 5 g • Carb: 5 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 24 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 321 mg • Cholest: 172 mg
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced (for spicy, leave the seeds)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons panko (use GF crumbs for gluten free)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 lime wedges
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced thin
Dry shrimp well with a paper towel then place the shrimp in the food processor along with jalapeño and garlic then pulse a few times until almost pasty.
Combine the shrimp in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
Using rubber gloves (easier with gloves), form shrimp into 4 patties.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with oil. Add the shrimp cakes to the heated grill and cook 4 minutes without disturbing, then gently flip and cook an additional 4 minutes.